Internal communication is the life blood of any organization. Both internal and external communication is equally important to control the day to day operations of an organization. The importance of internal communication can be stated as follows:
Advantages of Internal Communication
- Coordination: To achieve to organizational goals, co-ordination among the activities of various departments is a must. An organization can’t run smoothly without proper co-ordination. Through internal communication it is possible to co-ordinate the works among departments of an organization.
- Control: The last and the most important function of management are controlling. Due to effective internal communication such control is possible.
- Motivation: Methods of Internal Communication helps to motivate the employees of an organization. Internal communication provides good relationship among high officials and subordinates. Thorough effective internal communication employees come in contract with one another which acts as a motivating factor.
- Source of information: Competitive information is necessary to survive in the market economy. Only proper communication can supply such kind of information to the right person at the right time.
- Develop the managerial efficiency: To run the business effectively and efficiently a manager must have the proper knowledge regarding the resources of the organization. The internal communication can provide such knowledge.
- Job satisfaction: Job satisfaction has a great positive impact on job performance. If there is a sound internal communication system, the employees will be inspired and job satisfaction will also be kept.
- Run the business: To ensure the smooth operation of routine activities of an organization proper internal communication is essential.
- Proper supervision: If there is lack of downward and upward internal communication then the management or the supervisors failed to understand the problems of the employees. As a result proper supervision cannot be exercised.
- Low turnover: In presence of proper internal communication labor turnover rate reduces considerably.
- Mutual trust: For the smooth functioning of an organization and for higher productivity there must be mutual trust between management and employees successful internal communication can ensure mutual trust.
- Motivation of employees: To provide proper motivational measures management need to have a clear view regarding the attitude of the employees. Without continuous internal communication proper motivation cannot be provided.
- Facilitate decision making: Participation of the employees in the decision making process not only increase the quality of decision but also ensure the better implementation of decision.
- Others: Besides the above importance, the following benefits may be enjoyed from internal communication: (a) Exchange of necessary ideas, news and views. (b) Development of communicative skill of employees. (c) Maintenance of link between departments and branches. (d) Increasing of employee efficiency. (e) Development of employee morale etc.
Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in
it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home
a bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog. A fantastic read.
I’ll certainly be back.
Thanks Dear. We will try more better well write in blog.