Meaning of complaint letter: In a simple way, the letter written by the customers to convey their complaints to the seller of goods or to the transport authority is termed as complaint letter. In the process of supplying ordered goods to the customers, different persons and parties are involved. Therefore, there is every possibility of inadvertent mistakes being committed by someone. This may create inconvenience to the customers and even cause them financial loss. Therefore customers write letter to inform their inconveniences to the seller or to the transport authority. The letter written for this purpose is known complaint letter.
In business, occurrence of mistakes is common and natural even though the parties are causations and careful. Some of the customary mistakes are supplying low quality products, charging high prices, low quality packaging, damage of products due to poor packaging etc. so complaint letter is drafted by the buyer mentioning the mistakes occurred or claiming for the damage to the seller or to the transportation authority.
Cause of drafting complaint letter
After placing orders, customers expect that sellers will deliver the products accordingly. If the seller fails to do so, customers write complaint letter. Such letter is usually written for the following reasons or causes:
- Merchandise not received.
- Part of the merchandise not received
- The merchandise received was not received
- Delivery of defective products
- Goods received in a damaged condition
- Quantity of good is not what was ordered
- Goods delivered to wring address
- Delivery of goods is delayed
- Impoliteness of office staff of the seller
- Delivery of mix-up products
- Clerical or book keeping errors
- Mistakes in the bill
- Charging high price
- Price included for goods returned
- Reminders for payment of bill already paid
- Poor quality of packaging
- Faulty insurance coverage
- Missing of products during transportation
- Carelessness of transportation authority
- Ignoring the provisions regarding brokerage, commission and discount