The letter written by the employer requesting the selected candidates to join in a specific job position is known as appointment letter. Appointment letter is also called “job offer letter” or “job letter” or “letter of appointment”.
When people apply for jobs, they will undergo a interview process. At the end of the interview process, some job candidate are finally selected for the job. Once the selection process is over, the employer sends appointment letter to the list of candidates who have successfully completed the selection process. Through this job appointment letter, the employer informs the candidate that he or she has been finally selected for the job position in question and invites him or her to join in the specified post. This letter also states the conditions of the above-mentioned position, its duties and responsibilities.
Contents of appointment letter
Appointment letter must give full disclosure of the terms and conditions from the employer’s side. Because the candidate will join only when those term and condition for employment are acceptable to him. An ideal letter of appointment should contain the following contents:
- Name and current address details of the organization (employer)
- Name and address of the applicant
- Name of the position (position title)
- Additional details about job duties and responsibilities of the job
- Conditions of job: whether permanent or temporary, office employee time, performing another job simultaneously.
- Monthly salary per employee’s agreed-upon salary.
- Time length of the contract
- Date of joining
- Documents to be submitted during joining such as birth certificate.
- Security requirements
- Commitment or declaration and
- Provision regarding termination
Specimen of appointment letter
This is an appointment letter template as a selected candidate requesting to join as a lecturer in your college.