The letter written by the seller accepting the buyer’s order is known as order confirmation letter. It is also called letter of acceptance of order. Usually, the seller delivers goods immediately after receiving order letter form the customer. However, in some cases, delivery of goods may be delayed due to non-production of goods, strike, political unrest, transportation blockade etc. in these situations, the seller writes order confirmation letter to the buyer describing the cause of delay and the anticipated date of delivery. This letter is typically written as a sign of business courtesy and to assure the buyer that he will get delivery of his desired goods.
Contents of order confirmation letter
- Generally, an order confirmation letter contains the following points:
- Acknowledgment of the buyer’s order letter
- The date of order letter with reference number
- Thanking the customers for placing the order
- Informing the customer that the order is accepted
- Assuring the customer those goods will be delivered as per the instruction of the customer
Specimen of order confirmation letter or Sample of order confirmation letter
Assume that you are the manager of M.H. Publication (Pvt.) Ltd. 38 Bangla Bazar, 2nd floor, Dhaka. The Bangladesh Commerce College has placed an order for some books to your company; write an order confirmation letter addressing the librarian of The Bangladesh Commerce College.