Here you will get Difference between official letter and business letter. Letters carrying the messages of official matters are known as official letters. On the other hand, business letter refers to formal written letter where business related issues and formation are exchanging with the suppliers, customers, banks, insurance companies and other external parties of the organization. The distinctions between official letter and business letter are given below:
- Objective: Official letter it is written for exchanging the official information only. Business letter it is written to exchange business information.
- Subject: Official news and information are the main subject matters of this letter. Business letter is only commercial information is the subject matter of this letter.
- Nature: Official letter is fully office oriented. Business letter it is commerce and trade oriented.
- Method: Official letter method is indirect method is used in drafting this letter. Business letter method is direct and persuasive method is used in drafting this letter.
- Language: Official letter language it is traditional language is used here. Business letter it is technical and clear language is used here.
- Size: Official letter size it is small in size. Business letter size it may be small or medium in size.
- Clarity: Official letter clarity it is comparatively complex. Business letter clarity it is very much simple.
- Relation: Official letter relation the writer’s and reader’s relation is not considered here. Business letter relation business as well as personal relation is considered here.
- Structure: Official letter definite structure must be followed in drafting an official letter. Business letter there is no definite structure of a business letter.
- Salutation: Official letter salutation may be used in this letter. Business letter there must be a salutation in this letter.
- Complimentary: Official letter complementary close may be omitted here. Business letter complementary close is an essential part of this letter.
- Drafting Method: Official letter drafting method it is written in both direct and indirect method. Business letter drafting method is only direct method is used drafting it.
Difference between Govt. and semi-Govt. letter
The letter which is written form the govt. office is called a govt. letter. On the other hand, the letter which is sent to a private office form govt. office is called a semi govt. letter. The differences between govt. and semi govt. letter are as follows up.
- Objective: Govt. letter objective it is written for conducting the govt. activities. Semi-Govt. letter objective it is written for exchanging the information of govt. and semi-govt. organization.
- Size: Govt. letter size its small. Semi-Govt. letter it is comparatively large.
- Writing method: Govt. letter writing method is govt. formalities are fully maintained. Semi-Govt. letter writing method is Govt. formalities are not strictly maintained.
- Subject matter: Govt. letter subject matter is the main subject matter of this letter is govt. information. Semi-Govt. letter subject matter is various information and subjects are stated in it.
- Language: Govt. letter language is traditional language is used in drafting a govt. letter. Semi-Govt. letter language is flexible and easy language is used for drafting it.
- Complementary: Govt. letter is complementary close may be omitted here. Semi-Govt. letter is there may be a complementary close in the letter.
- Salutation: Govt. letter salutation is not used to draft it. Semi-govt. letter there may be a salutation in this letter.
Leave a Reply