Advantages of written communication or importance of written communication and disadvantages of written communication. There are some advantages of written communication. They are discussed below:
Advantages of written communication:
- Easy to preserve: The documents of written communication are easy to preserve. Oral and non-verbal communication cannot be preserved. If it is needed, important information can be collected from the preserved documents.
- Easy presentation of complex matter: Written communication is the best way to represent any complex matter easily and attractively.
- Permanent record: The documents of written communication act as a permanent record. When it is needed, important information can be easily collected from the preserved documents.
- Prevention of wastage of time and money: Written communication prevents the waste of money and time. Without meeting with each other the communicator and communicate can exchange their views.
- Accurate presentation: Through the documents of the written communication top executive can present the information more accurately and clearly. As it is a legal document everybody takes much care does draft it.
- Use as a reference: If it is needed, written communication can be used as future reference.
- Delegation of authority: Written communication can help the authority to delegate the power and authority to the subordinate. It is quite impossible to delegate power without a written document.
- Longevity: Written document can be preserved for a long time easily. That is why; all the important issues of an organization should be back and white.
- Effective communication: Written communication helps to make communication effective. It is more dependable and effective than those of other forms of communication.
- Maintaining image: Written communication helps to maintain the images of both the person and the organization. It also protects the images of the company or organization.
- Proper information: It is a proper and complete communication system. There is no opportunity to include any unnecessary information in a written document.
- Less distortion possibility: In this communication system information is recorded permanently. So, there is less possibility of distortion and alteration of the information.
- No opportunity to misinterpret: there is any opportunity to misinterpret the information or messages of written communication.
- Controlling tool: Written communication can help to control the organizational activity. The written document may be used as a tool for controlling.
- Easy to verify: The information and messages that are preserved can be verified easily. If there arises any misunderstanding any party can easily verify the information.
- Others: Clear understanding, Legal document, Acceptability, Reduction of risk, Creating confidence, Easy circulation, Wide access or coverage etc.
Disadvantages of written communication
The limitations and disadvantages of written communication are given below:
- Expensive: Written communication is comparatively expensive. For this communication paper, pen, ink, typewriter, computer and a large number of employees are needed.
- Time consuming: Written communication takes time to communicate with others. It is a time consuming media. It costs the valuable time of both the writer and the reader.
- Red-Taoism: Red-Taoism is one of the most disadvantages of written communication. It means to take time for approval of a project.
- Useless for illiterate person: It messages receiver is illiterate, written communication is quite impossible. This is major disadvantage written communication.
- Difficult to maintain secrecy: It is an unexpected medium to keep business secrecy. Secrecy is not always possible to maintain through written communication. Because here needs to discuss everything in black and white.
- Lack of flexibility: Since writing documents cannot be changed easily at any time. Lack of flexibility is one of the most important limitations of written communication.
- Delay in response: It takes much time to get a response from the message receiver; prompt response is not possible in case of written communication that is possible in oral communication.
- Delay in decision making: Written communication takes much time to communicate with all the parties concerned. So the decision maker cannot take decisions quickly.
- Cost in record keeping: It is very difficult and expensive to keep all the records in written communication.
- Complex words: Sometimes the writer uses complex words in writing a message. It becomes difficult to meaning out to the reader. So the objectives of the communication may lose.
- Lack of direct relation: If there is no direct relation between the writer and the reader, writer communication cannot help to establish a direct relation between them.
- Other: Prompt feedback is impossible, Slowness, Bureaucratic attitude, Understanding problem between boos and subordinates, lack in quick clarification and correction, formality problem, lack of personal intimacy, etc.
How can I find the reference s
Tarbo Muchimba says
How can I find references
humphrey abwao says
good i love it.
with this I have done my assignment
its clear,i lyk y
Aitasi comfort edina says
I have passed my tests
Edward uaonga says
Thnx that true
azabo alex says
with this am done with my course work.
thnx to u….my assignment is complete
mambi wilmot says
explain the advantages and disadvantages of written communication over oral communication
mambi wilmot says
kindly need your help guys
Please any references
I have enjoyed writing my assignment
It is useful
I have enjoyed my assessment
Thanks. Assignment #bam#.
I have read so many posts on the topic of the
blogger lovers however this article is genuinely a good paragraph, keep it
Witty bae says
Very usefuk made it easy to answer my shcool assignments. Thanx very much
Thanks it has helped me to write assignment
Elias Kipruto says
This disadvantage is associated with an all text-based consultation processes, particularly the traditional statutory “submission” processes.
thamrat musa says
Thanks my assignment is done
Achellam paul onen says
it really helps me to prepare for my examination
Hassan Alhan Shareef says
name of author please
Igama Peter Jerry says
widden my knowledge, thanks a lot
Paul Samuel says
i have done my assignment am doing Hospitality
Ebonine justina says
Good job I have done my assignment with it. Thanks
Have done my assignment s a.m. doing electrical engineering
Busabusa Moses says
Agnes mapemba says
Good work thanks
Maahlo Lydia says
Thank you my assignment is complete
Thanks i got any point from it.
thanx a lot for ur post
Thank so much for this infor
Thankyou because of this thing I’ve finished my ass.
Keep it up.. 😁
i got it guys keep up,very helpfull
alex rukungiri says
its good then other means
Thanks a lot..t has been of a great help…
Pfumai Prosper says
What an extraordinary article. I learn a lot from it.
i like it
Aviti Benezeth says
thank u so much this is more than enought
michelle musingwini says
helpful indeed helped me with my assignment
Comment:thank you I have done my assignment
Ken Maruti says
Comment: Thanks i have learn alot on this day of COVID-19
This was very helpful
Mekam pordung says
Help me a lot to complete my assignment
Mekam pordung says
More to know about it
tanatswa chikasha says
thank you so much finally im done
Wow I have loved dis site
Matovu Ivan says
Wow,indeed have been helped nowni can conclude my assignment and able to explain to ma fellows..tnx
Charles Kaandila says
It is very useful,
I have done my assignment of Communication Skills.
I’ll come back later, it is good and it made me happy as Charles Kaandila
Adria A says
Who is the author and what is the publication date?
Caroline magwani says
Thank you I am done with my assignment
Gaspar Benson says
What are the reference of this
Thanks I have done my assignment
lt was really helpful, my assignment is done.
Excellent, helps a lot.
Just wanted to ask when this was published? I seem to not be able to find the year.
Odagwe rita says
Thank you I have done my assignments easily
Abdul qoyum says
So good to communicate with people and to brain storming to be communicate bring confidence and unity
Tasnuva tanjin says
How can I find reference?
Gift Phiri says
Thanks so much the information helps me alot