Getting a job largely depends on the art and efficiency of writing application. Application gives the employer a primary impression about the job seeker. So, it should be drafted very carefully, sincerely and honestly. The followings are the factors to be considered in drafting a job application:
- Clear idea: Before writing the application, the candidate should have adequate knowledge about the job, contents of the job, qualification requirements, employer, conditions of the job etc.
- Planning: In the order to make the application attractive, the candidate should take necessary plan before drafting it. The application should think about the attractive presentation of relevant information.
- Developing a format: The applicant should develop a rough copy of the application. Later on, it should be edited and be finalized.
- Selection the structure: Though job application is one kind of commercial letter, yet it should be drafted in an independent way. Generally, job application does not require any title.
- Arranging contents: Arrangement of contents is very crucial in making the application meaningful. Contents should be arranged sequentially and logically in various paragraphs.
- Name of the position: A well-drafted application should clearly indicate the specific position for which the candidate applies.
- Mentioning the qualification: A good application clearly indicates qualification, experience and training of the applicant.
- Mentioning the reference: At the beginning of the body of application, source of reference should be mentioned.
- Address: In the application the applicant must mention his present and permanent address.
- Submitting through proper channel: If the applicant is currently employed in anywhere, application should be submitted through the present employer.
- Courtesy: The application should write the application courteously. Applicant should keep in mind that “courtesy costs nothing but gains more.”
- Language: Language of application should be as simple as possible. Application should be free from ambiguous and technical words, complex jargons, poetic language etc.
- Correctness: Application should be free from any kind of mistakes. Grammatical or linguistic mistake creates bad impression about the candidate.
- Cleanliness: Cleanliness is an important quality of any letter. Job application should be free from overwriting, writing through, etc.
- Conciseness: Application should contain all the relevant information completely but concisely.
- Enclosures: Application should be followed by necessary documents such as photograph, copy of academic certificates, experiences certificate, bank draft or postal order if required.
- Assurance: The applicant should assure the employer that if employed, he will discharge his duties and responsibilities with due sincerity, honesty, and dedication.
Leave a Reply